Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today looking to see if the fall pattern was setting up. It looks like it is. I ran soft plastics and only lost one tail, that was our 1 knock down that didn't hook up. Ran all directions and in the 40-50 ft range. Fish all over the meter but most had lockjaw. Caught one south of TPL about the beginning of Herring Bay. It was on the chartruse umbrella with a bronze storm shad trailing, it was 175ft back with no weight in 48ft of water heading West. Nice fat 25". Looked like we should have done better but the fish had other ideas. We were happy with the one decent fish and headed back in to try again next weekend. I was on 68 and 72 but didn't hear much chatter so I turned it off for FM radio and just listened to some jams.:pp

Attachments

·
Premium Member
26,103 Posts
That is one nice looking Rock :clapping2:. What a butterball :thumbup:.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Nice fish DodgeWrench. I left home waters to play around up north by the bridge. I will stay south next weekend. Hope to see you out there.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Thanks for the report and congrats on the keeper, looks pretty chunky.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swartj, I was considering heading toward the bridge but all the debris and blow boats changed my mind. Also it's hard to run north when I have had such good luck right out front, since last fall.:D

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Nice Job...I noticed you had a bungee on your rod off the stern...I used to just put them in the holders...no more....I have lost a rod before but not out of the holder....But I keep mine tied to the boat now also:yes: I see guys with rods hanging off the boat not secured....Its best to play it safe

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Nice looking fish. I'm gonna try to get out sometime next week for some trolling around CB.

-JB

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I love blues, but I'm kind of glad that they're moving out. I've been chomping at the bit to put the plastic back on. Thanks for the report!! :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts