Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got a Christmas bonus and it's burnin a hole. Have been wanting a trail cam and some predator supplies for some time. Has anyone researched this stuff or have experience with it? Have limited computer expertise so something for dummies that can be uploaded easily will be helpful on the cam.

As far as predator calls (electronic) which are the best buys and what about red lights for night hunting. Got the weapons covered I think.

Speak your mind!!

And thanks!!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
In my opinion you can't go wrong with the Cuddeback Capture 3.0 its easy to set up and works great. The trigger speed is fast and the flash only takes about 30 seconds before its set again. The best part about it you get a reliable camera without breaking you wallet.. Brandon

·
Registered
245 Posts
FoxPro

As far as calls go I would recommend FoxPro. They come with pre-loaded calls and have a downloadable utility software that you can utilize to change sounds. The software also allows you to maintain a library of sounds, and back-up your sounds. You can download 16 calls for $25 a pop.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Finfever: With the Cuddeback 3.0, a question. With the camera's internal memory card, how many pictures can you store. Is the optional card necessary? When you take the camera to your computer and download the pictures, does this model come with all the necessary stuff to do the download or do I have to buy more stuff? None of the descriptions on these cameras tells me this stuff, and I know nothing about them. Cabela's has 2 on sale, same price, 229.00. The Cuddeback 3.0 and a Moultrie 5.0. The Moultrie seems to have more features, the IR flash seems to shoot farther, but I need simple not confusing setup. The more I read about them the more I'm confused. Thanks, T.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Finfever: With the Cuddeback 3.0, a question. With the camera's internal memory card, how many pictures can you store. Is the optional card necessary? When you take the camera to your computer and download the pictures, does this model come with all the necessary stuff to do the download or do I have to buy more stuff? None of the descriptions on these cameras tells me this stuff, and I know nothing about them. Cabela's has 2 on sale, same price, 229.00. The Cuddeback 3.0 and a Moultrie 5.0. The Moultrie seems to have more features, the IR flash seems to shoot farther, but I need simple not confusing setup. The more I read about them the more I'm confused. Thanks, T.
Croakers,

You can store up to 2,000 pics and as far as the necessary cables for the computer setup mine came with it but its a older model so not sure about the new ones. The only thing you have to buy is a SD card and batteries. I have had ok results with battery life from mine others have different opinions. As far as setting it up to put on your computer its really easy its basically plug and play.

BTW Bass pro has this camera for $199.99.... good luck:thumbup:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Thanks all for your imformation. For anyone trying to make the same decision, here's web site I found that will explain everything you want to know about these trail cams, in plain English. Trail Cameras and Scouting Cameras and reviews at Trailcampro.com (You take a quick test on what you want a camera to do, and they recomend one in your price range) Between the Moultrie and the Cuddeback it was a toss up. Just that the Moultrie came with two, 1.0 GB cards included. Looks like if one wants to spend the money, the ReconX is the one to have, but at 500 bucks for a toy to play with, not for me. I ended up with a Moultrie IR 4.0 Set it up last night, great night IR pics of a Fox so far. Day time color pics were excellent of crows and squrriels eating my corn at the feeder. Thanks again, T.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Moultrie cams have a very slow trigger speed and you will get lots of pictures of nothing. The deer has walked by before the camera takes the picture. I have one and will not buy another one. They work pretty good over a field or salt/mineral lick where the deer are not moving much but are useless on trails.

·
Registered
692 Posts
So, what camera do you use? This Moultrie watches a corn pile that as far as I know don't walk about thru out the night. I don't care about trails, all trails lead to the corn pile where I get my shot. Just askin., So far I'm happy. Got my first pics of a Doe @ 12:37 AM last night. But this morning after a 10 degree night the camera would not switch from setup to auto mode. Took it back to the house, when it warmed up it was OK.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts