Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a new, and quality trailer, for my 198DLX. I have the Ed's marine el-cheapo venture and it is literally falling apart. I am down in Hatteras tonight and the axle is bent from hitting a pot hole. Can yall please recommend a brand and local (to HR) distributor of trailers that will safely carry a well rigged 198 DLX Car. Skiff?

Thanks!
Dave.

·
Flounder -r- Fluky
5,925 Posts
I bought an Aluminum Wesco trailer w/ stainless package and all disc brakes......... saltwater will tear everything up, but my Wesco is holding together very well. Not sure who sells 'em in the HR area, since mine came from Sanford, NC.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Sorry to hear about your trailer problem. Did you buy the cheapest model Venture made? I have an Aluminum Venture trailer for my 23 foot boat that is the best trailer that I have ever owned--the quality of this trailer is outstanding. Would not trade for any other make.

G

·
I have the aluminum I beam also and its been great. Just had to replace the lights. They were all poor quality but with salt water- what can you expect.

·
Registered
3,663 Posts
Bob's Trailer sales in Norfolk. . .

One question you have to ask yourself is: Do you want to dunk your trailer every time that you launch or retrieve. I bought a full roller trailer and 95% of the time that I launch the only thing that gets wet is my tires and the last set of rollers, not the rims, not the lights not the cross beams. I use an electric wench to get the boat onto the trailer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts