Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love the Eastern Shore of VA. Used to own a lot at Virginia Landings. Looking for a place around Chincoteague up as far as OC. Have looked on Chincoteague as well. Want to be able to use year round even if the number of days is restricted. Places like White Horse park would not work. Easy access to the water is a prime desire.

Ideal would be a small vacation home or camper with a camper/boat port or garage. Want to be able to leave my boat there for extended periods without worry, preferably under cover.

Like the amenities and location of Trail's End but worry about how crowded it may get in prime vacation time. Like Captain's Cove as well but it appears you cannot have a camper port/shelter or large garage.

Any other similar places to check? Anybody know what the current dues/fees are for those places? Appreciate any insight

·
Registered
461 Posts
Would you be interested in something down as far a Quinby, Willis wharf area. I have a house in Quinby and will keep an eye out for something. Love it down here, fished two times this week.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
We have been at Trails End for about a year and a half for the same reasons you are looking for. Nice place, boat ramp, with access to the ocean and back bay. They also have events and a few amenities if you arent fishing. We picked it as a cheaper option since we have two teens that occupy our time, so I dont feel so bad if I cant get down there as much as we want. Overall very satisfied with our decision.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you be interested in something down as far a Quinby, Willis wharf area. I have a house in Quinby and will keep an eye out for something. Love it down here, fished two times this week.
I liked that area as well as Onancock and thought about Cape Charles but that's too far south. Want a shorter drive from the BWI area.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have been at Trails End for about a year and a half for the same reasons you are looking for. Nice place, boat ramp, with access to the ocean and back bay. They also have events and a few amenities if you arent fishing. We picked it as a cheaper option since we have two teens that occupy our time, so I dont feel so bad if I cant get down there as much as we want. Overall very satisfied with our decision.
Seems there are always hidden costs and restrictions. This place appears to be pretty flexible with add on structures, sheds and landscaping. If you don't mind me asking, what are the yearly dues and fees? Do you pay an association fee, separate water and electric, anything else like an additional membership for the pool or using the ramp?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
My brother has several houses and currently building another in captains cove. He says he loves it and I believe him. Boats are boats, and you have to make plans ahead of time before you buy one. I

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My brother has several houses and currently building another in captains cove. He says he loves it and I believe him. Boats are boats, and you have to make plans ahead of time before you buy one. I
Do you happen to know how much the yearly dues are for Captain's Cove in order to make use of the pool and boat ramp?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts