Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pop is coming over tomorrow and we are going to install the Lowrance 111-LCX. Its a 18 ft Edgewater CC. 150 outboard. I have heard the transducer should be mounted on the port side because of the prop rotation. any suggestions on location?

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
It shouldn't matter which side of the transom the transducer is mounted as long as it's out of the prop wash. Mine have always been on the starboard side simply because that's the shortest distance to the helm on mine.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Mine is on the STBD side as well. I have a 2002 Mckee Craft Pulse 1800 CC the transducer is located appx. 20" from the side of the lower unit. My hull is pressure foam filled and that is the side of the boat that the cable troft / wire-way runs from the center console to the "splash well area" near the transom.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Your instructions that came with the unit should tell you how and where to mount the unit. Follow them very closely or you may have a problem. If too low it will cause turbulence at high speed and you'll not be able to read the bottom while cruising. Too high and the same effect, but only because the transducer is not far enough into the water.

Just follow the instructions real close and use the distances and measurements they give. :yes: Good luck.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
It's actually pretty simple to install, just follow the instructions and you should have no problem, don't forget to pull an extra wire when you feed the tranducer cable thru.

·
Banned
152 Posts
Tolmaz

With those lures of yours pops is going to need more than a transducer!:D

Caught 12 yesterday and well, the c& k tackle caught a 44" fish. A bit small but will have to figure out how to get them to catch bigger fish.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You told me they only caught one size fish??/ 37".....:rolleyes: Let me guess...At least 8oz...with a chartresue 11" twister???:D

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
If your transducer has a flat bottom, mount it inside the hull using 5200. Just be sure you do not have any air bubbles in the 5200 when you glue it in place. This greatly reduces disdurbance when running.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts