Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellas, I've been hunting out of a tree lounge for a little while now. My dad bought it a few years back and it hasn't gotten it's proper use, so I dusted it off and have sat in it a few times this year. I will have to say that it is pretty comfy. Sat in it for 7 hrs the other day with no problems at all. Was just wondering if anyone else has any comments on it if you have one or have used one. Or if you use something else.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Never used one, but would like to try one on an all day rifle hunt. I can sleep in most any stand. The lounge would be a big plus.

Dayton

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've had one for over 10 years now, they're a little noiser than I like, and they're on the heavy side, but they sure are comfortable and stable. I've stayed in mine 5, 6, 7 hrs at a time ! Even feel comfortable dozing off in it !

·
Registered
166 Posts
I have an API Grand Slame Supreme and an API Grand Slam Extreme. Vey comfortable and very solid on the tree. They are really easy climbing. (I have an associate at work who uses one all the time, and he is 74 years old). I have had the Supreme for 9 years now and have now complaints other than it takes a little personal tweaking to get it to pack quietly. Nothing that a rubber strap and some taped foam cant fix.

I like the stand so much, I just bought the extreme, which is almost the same stand. Just a different seat.

I'm ready to sit in that bee-aatch Saturday.

Good luck to all who venture out, be careful, safe and successful.[smile]

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you bow hunt and want to go light, get the Summit Clear Shot.

http://www.summitstands.com/catalog.aspx?catID=ClearShot

I've got one, and they're very conducive to bow hunting.

Kindest regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
I had the tree lounge... grew to hate it.

To noisey, to heavy, and for me... even though I was reclined...I just didnt find it comfortable.

I also like to stand up when I shoot if need be... no chance of that on a tree lounge without that adapter that puts you way too far away from the tree IMHO.

I got a summit... love it.

·
Registered
122 Posts
got two tree lounges and love them. one hangs year round in a tree the other i move around. although i feel comfortable sleeping in one, i got my 1st one after i felt asleep and out of my old tree stand, i don't like to. to me the tree lounge is as comfortable as any recliner. i can stay all day in mine and love the bow adapter so you can stand up (not during gun season).

i have mine wrapped in camouflage tape to help silence the stand during setup. plus i usually get to my stand WAY before daylight, so not to spook anything.

don't get me wrong i like a lock-on, nothing better, but i definitely like my tree lounge.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
LONE WOLF CLIMBER. Lonewolf.com

Nothing quieter, easier or lighter. (The summits are very close within a few ounces, maybe lighter)

Not the most comfortable but I thnk the newer ones have been improved upon. Packs 4-5" flat, can be setup with virtually NO noise and climbs without effort. One piece cast platform avoids creaks and groans.

The studded belt that goes around the tree never slips, stays flexible in all weather, and is reinforced with small dia. steel cables for strength.

OT-herefishyfishy, saw you at frontiertown in June, how'd you do fishing?

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have friends that have the lounge and would'nt use anything else. I never been in one. I have a ole man . It to is a little on the heavy side but its comforable , quiet and tight on the tree. I never could stay in other stands more than a couple of hours till i got this one a few yrs ago. I can sit as long as i want with out hurting. And thats saying something for these old bones.[grin]

·
Registered
659 Posts
Just like everything else. Everybody has a different opinion. Personally I think the Tree Lounge stinks. Noisy, Heavy and Takes forever to put up and take down. Friend purchased a tree lounge about 2 yrs. ago. We went on a hunting trip on the Easter Shore. We all went in the same vehicle. The trip took 4 hrs. By the time we got there we had just about heard all we wanted about Tree Lounge and Rocky Boots. By the time we left we could have purchased everything for $10. We could take down our API's and Summits, then put them back up before this guy could get his off the tree and tie it up so he could carry it to the new location. As for the Rockies!!! This fellow had wet feet for 3 days.
Bubba[angel][angel][angel]

·
Registered
633 Posts
If you have a busted back like I do there is nothing like a tree lounge. I have used mine for 4 years now best stand I have had very cozy and in this sport comfort is everything!

·
Registered
61 Posts
How do you manage the tree lounge with a busted back. Aren't they heavy to carry in?

I've got a problematic fused lumbar spine, this is why I went with a lighter climber (Summit Clearshot, 17 pounds). Strapping a climber 20lbs+ plus is a big no no in my book.

Kindest Regards,

-Will in Maryland

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am fused from L1 to S1 with rods bolts the whole nine yards. It does not feel that heavy to me because I started working out to build muscle to support my back better that part is fine. Where I have a problem is sitting. I get very stiff when I am sitting for long periods and can't move after a couple of hours like a cripple till I strech good.In the lounge it is so comftrable that I don't get stiff. And I have spent the night in it before.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Wow! I'm only fused on L4-L5-S1.

I used to have a Summit Classic, that thing weighed about 28 pounds, damn near drove me into the ground in pain after deer season last year. So went and got the Summit Clearshot; over 10 pounds lighter, and my back and legs are more appreciative of it.

Good luck this fall!

Kindest regards,

-Will in Maryland

1 - 14 of 14 Posts