Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My seven year old is spending some time in the treestands with me this year. I have modified a body harness to fit him but would like a smaller one that will fit him better and be more comfortable. Are there any out there?

DEAN

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I bought a youth model from Dicks. I think it is made by Gorilla. My son is not 5 yet, but I tightened everything up as small as possible and he can wear it. Might be just right for him.

Bet it is nice having him out there with ya. Good luck.

Dayton

·
Registered
339 Posts
You gentlemen out there that have sons to take hunting are very lucky, count your blessings as you will have a hunting partner for life. I have two beautiful daughters; however, they ARE NOT interested in hunting. So, I will have to wait until Ranger the 2nd is just a little older. I am looking forward to being part of his hunting adventures and helping his Dad with passing on the tradition of hunting to him.[grin] Plus letting him drag and clean a few for me, cause his Dad won't do it [grin]---it's all part of the game right?

Good Luck to all the kids and their Dads.

HV

·
Registered
310 Posts
Dean,

You might be able to find a climbing harness that would work in a women or child's size bc I switched over to one this year when I went into the local camping store with the intention of getting a lighter carabiner.

Mine doesn't have the shoulder straps but they are an option & it is 1/2 the weight of my other harness + a lot less hassle to use ( Summit Harness ). I'm using dock line for the rope along w/ a slip knot just like the summit system & aluminum carabiner that I also found to replace the heavy ones that normally come with the "hunting" harnesses.

$ between $40 - $60 so its not much more than a " hunting " harness. When its 90 deg. out in bow season the light climbing harness has worked out well, haven't tested it yet though and hope not to any time soon.

Russ

1 - 5 of 5 Posts