1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Water Temp. 59

Flat calm

Water clear

Got to the triangles started trolling stretch 30's and immediately a 38" blue comes to the boat released paper #1. Talked to Ken Neil (healthy grin) he hadn't had a bite yet. We gave it another 30 minutes and decided to switch to sea bass. We hugged a wreck and caught 27 bass to 4#'s. All of a sudden the water blows up and we get back on the troll came over the mark and citation #2 comes aboard 39" released. Then we get back on the troll and something very big picks on the Saltist 40 with 80# braid. This fish is HUGE. We think it was a Big Bluefin cause it didn't fight like a shark. After a 15 to 20 minute fight it came unglued Eric (little *******) was sick I mean sick! Get things sorted out and came over an awesome mark and jigged up a 40" that I reeled in and got me a paper:clap::clap:. To round out the day another 40" came aboard and then we pulled the plug.

Ken (healthy grin), Craig (Paige 2), Capt. Reese great talking to you guys out there.

Thanks to a great crew today: John DiLaura ( The original *******), Connie, Eric (little *******), Steve Hasynic,

We had quit the weekend 8 citations total
Final Tally

Friday crew of 4 striper limit

Saturday crew of 5, 4 citation bluefish

Sunday crew of 5, 4 citation bluefish
27 Sea Bass to 4#'s
And a Big @$$ mystery fish that broke off. :wacko:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Dayum!!! Now thats what i am talkin about!!! Congrats to the three jack asses and the rest of the crew!!!

I see you holding that rod pretty good Billy.....Those stripers dont have a chance now!!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Robert I ain't gonna lie it was tough!

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Prettier out there today. That was your Stretch we brought to you? Too bad about the tuna. We found another Stretch later- Green/black back with single hooks.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Ken forgot about that thanks for finding it for me! I really appreciate!

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Way to go Billy and crew congrats on the citations 40 inches DAMN... if yall decide to go to the triangles this weekend and need a HO please let me know i would love to get in on those big blues...Brandon

·
Registered
271 Posts
triangles

Great report we were out there too, stayed on one wreck the whole day and got our limit of sea bass. Had to pick thru a lot of smalls so steady cranking all day. Came over to where you guys were fishing late in the day but was not set up for the blues with steel leaders and ended up losing a few jigs before heading in on slick calm waters and a beautiful sunset. Absolutely what I needed, perfect day.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
YOUR WELCOME:
Turn that thing on and add more numbers to it !

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Billy,

NICE catch and good to see you cranking. Nice bibs ther Billy!!! How did they work out?
Hey Kevin dry and bloody! Thanks for the tip!:thumbup::clap:

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
turn on your PHONE goober ! I have a DOZEN sausage burritos setting here fat boy~ come get some

·
Registered
527 Posts
Nice work Billy

Probably a lot nicer Sunday than Saturday. Glad you got into them again and got the fishing pole in your hand rather than just watch others have fun.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts