Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking of heading out tomorrow. Forecast looks like 2' in the morning, winds picking up in the afternoon, 2-4. With the wind directions being following seas heading out and winds switching around to be at my back coming in. Anyone else thinking about heading out looking for some stray dolphin? Opinions on the forecast?

R/Chip

·
Registered
68 Posts
Never been to the Triangles Area, but plan to try tomorrow. I will be coming out of Wallace's about 0630. I have a Wellcraft 232 Coastal
(small boat), dark blue hull, and will go as far as conditions and future conditions allow. I monitor VHF channel 68, "Sea Robin". Phil Elliott

·
Registered
214 Posts
Heading towards the 4A DD to start and ESE from there
as long as the weather holds. Will monitor 68. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Did you have any luck? How bad was the wind out there?
I was wondering also..
I thought about running out, But collected to much sun over the week. As day went on winds seemed to die down quite a bit around here. Was kinda wishing I was fishing!
Hope you guys had good day..??

·
Registered
68 Posts
Long trip, no luck

Short answer is no luck. We saw alot of flying fish but no marks on the fish finder. Couldn't have asked for better winds early, no problem running from Wallace's to Triangles wot without trimming but I backed down to 35mph to save a little gas. Winds started to pickup around 10:00 to 11:00 and whole trip back winds/waves were on starboard quarter of bow. I am one that doesn't slam their boat real aggressively so the trip back was at 20 to 25mph.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was a very nice ride out, fished until 1400 wind did exactly what was forecasted. I would say 2-3+ for the ride back with following seas. Trolled until 1130 with no luck, then bottom fished for a couple hours caught a small dolphin while anchored and a bunch of sea bass, lots of throwbacks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.