Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Headed out Sat.27 w crew of 3 from Drury's and started for the # 70 target ship area. As I was putting out the third rod got a good hit and reeled in a 35" 16 lb rock. The fish hit a 5 oz. 3 oz tandem at 220' on my ocuma line ctr rig. This rig has been hot for me this fall. No other fish all day. Tried 72, 72A and many places between. Ran deep umbrellas, way back tandems, mo jos, up high 12" umbrellas everything I knew...Checked lines every 15-20 min.. no other hits or knock downs. I am trying further south on Mon. will launch from PLO using yearly park pass. Talked to one other tfer on channel 68.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Yesterday sucked for me too. I couldn't manage a single pull-down. Oh well, there's always next year.

-JB

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
I trolled criss-crossing the channel from 65 up to 70. Tried to troll back the same route but it seemed like the wind and waves just wouldn't allow me to stay on course.

-JB

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Don't feel too bad. It was a tough bite for many. I got a limit of 4 in Va but had to really work hard to get it...........I went out today(Sunday) on the river and only managed two. Even on the river there were 3-4' waves. I'll bet it was a mess on the main bay............:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts