Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried some cold water carp fishing. Got a recipe off the net and went to a shore line off the Patapsco River. I had three rods out with the recipe doe balls on each. The first carp came about forty minutes. It was about six or seven pound and a very bright gold color.

The second carp came about thirty to thirtyfive minutes-- this was probably ten to twelve pounds. This was a fat carp and not as bright in color as the first.

The third carp came about fifty minutes later. This was another fat one about ten to twelve pounds. The wind started to blow harder and the water went out a couple of feet, this shut the bite down.

All three carp did well putting up a good fight on medium bait casting equipment.

Fished another hour and left without another bite.

·
Registered
6 Posts
season greetings

Hello Brandon we are doing fine.I hope this reply finds you & yours the same. btw I would to thank you for the hats at the tkaa turniment.:clap:

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Carp fishing never really took off in the US. I remember when I was stationed in Germany back in the 80's that carp fishing was the hot ticket. A valued fish. Good job.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
WTG larry! Nice fishing!:thumbup:
Want to try the carp in the spring at a place that was full of them last summer.Not asking for your dough ball receipe but would like to know what size you made them and size hooks you used for carp?
I kayak fish and would like to be taken for a ride by a big one:yes:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BBcroaker...
Used two types of hooks A #1 "J" hook and a treble hook about half the size of the "J" hook. I covered up both hooksbut did not heap it on. I tapered to the top of the hook.

I tried again Saturday for about an hour and got one fish. This was at least 10lbs.

If things go right this Saturday 1/17 our fishing club is going to hold our monthly outing at Belle Grove (at the power lines) and it will be a carp contest. You check your largest fish. This is a check and release outing.

If anyone is instered let me know and I can give you more details.

Larry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts