Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are Trigger fish good to eat? Are there any regulation on size and number? I looked but couldn't find anything. We sure did catch a mess of them this weekend.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Their skin is tuff as can be too......SKIN THEM like a Tuna and peel it off before you filet them.......

·
Registered
593 Posts
I'll take any ya don't want!:D

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
CBBT pilons.....high rise ....... pick a pilon and drop bait.....no fish....move to next pilon.....3 out of 5 produced~

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Racn35 ---- Thanks for the info. Hopefully they are still around this weekend.
BTW--- For those that have never caught them, Trigger fish have a SUPER TUFF mouth. keeps fingers away. They eat shellfish and can crush a clam shell like it's popcorn!!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Cut them across their bias (from top to bottom behind their heads) then run your knife down the top and bottom. Fillet like any fish. Flip the fillet back and run you knife between the skin and the flesh. I use a serrated knife for the first cut since there is a pretty hefty bone right there. After that it's like cleaning anything else. Make a pouch from aluminum foil, slice up some vadalia onions and green peppers, add 2 fillets per bag add the peppers and onions, old bay or whatever spices you like. Seal up the pouch and put it on the grill. Cook for 10 minutes on each side over medium heat. Remove from grill poke a hole in it and let sit for 5 minutes, Now open up the pouch all the way and serve. 1 pouch per person..Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Racn35 ---- Thanks for the info. Hopefully they are still around this weekend.
BTW--- For those that have never caught them, Trigger fish have a SUPER TUFF mouth. keeps fingers away. They eat shellfish and can crush a clam shell like it's popcorn!!
Or take the tip off your finger in about a quarter of a second. Don't ask me how I know...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts