Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95 CS 1965 w/a Honda 45 FS on the back. All is well except at full speed i cant seem to find a good spot to leave the trim. When at full speed, i trim down to ease the porpousin, but when i look back at the motor, its spraying all over the place. So, i trim it up to decrease the spray to what looks normal, its porpousin again. When the boat starts hoppin my trim gauge is about a fat 1/4, when the hoppin stops the guage is pretty low.

What little gear i have is in the front, people are in the back or middle.

What can i do to solve my problem? Its either go slower, or live with the low trim spray?

Will a stabilizer solve my problems? Ive heard good/bad about them.

Thanks in advance -Jake

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, the spray is shooting out from all around the lower unit, and just dosent look normal at all. Its alot of spray. Its enough to almost get the back of the boat wet. To me it just looks like a problem that needs to be addressed. Should i just assume its okay and live with it? Or do i have some options? I can say that im not going to go as far as trim tabs. I just thought there was some adjustment somewere or a product that could help it out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[Q]THOMAS70 originally wrote:
Jake your motor is mounted to low on the transom. The cavitation plate is too far below the bottom of the boat.
[/Q]

Hmmm. Okay, are there any measurements i can take to double check before i go and move it up? Maybe i can take a pic of my set-up.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Did you say what boat that you have? I have a 18 ft C Hawk that porpourses. I moved the outboard up and still same problem. My friend has a latter model with same problem . He put trim tabs on his . They helped the porpiousimg. What harm will stray do? Just keep the motor and your problem with the boat is gone!!
Bill

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.