Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 20 year old 25' Parker Sport Cabin with a Mod V hull. The boats a project, overall I think it's going to be a great fishing boat but, the hull doesn't handle the chop (comfortably) over 20 knotts. I installed whale tales on the motors. which helped some but, I think what I really need is a HEALTHY set of trim tabs. Any advice? Size, manufacturer, etc.. I think an electricly operated set would be easier to install.. Thanks in advance.

Bart

"Ugly Bay B"

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ahhhh....

Right up my alley....
'

The Parker you have will perform like a different boat with the proper trim tabs.

I've recently upgraded my trim tabs to Bennett's. They are hydraulic and are very easy to install by an average DIYer.

Here is a picture of the Bennett 30 X 9's I put on to replace the stock Lenco's.

The majority of Parker owners I hang out with report the stock tabs need to be larger.

Most of the 2520's wind up getting 24 X 9's but I thought what the hey.... go all the way to the max.

I have the 2520 XL with a 16 degree deadrise.. I believe you have the 14 which will benifit even more from the 24 X 9 or the 30 X 9's

Here is a picture of the flippers I put on.

Here is a good place to buy Bennett's.

BENNETT TRIM TABS 30 X 9 309E W/ EURO ROCKER SWITCH :: BENNETT TRIM TABS :: TRIMTABS :: Deck/Hull Accessories :: BOE Marine

Here is a link to the thread that shows some of the installation I did:

www.ClassicParker.com :: View topic - Weekend Work:

Just about any Parker project can be found here as well as hundreds of Parker owners...

www.ClassicParker.com :: Index

Richard

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Bennett tabs are the way to go. You should have the 9" deep tabs and 1" in length for every foot of boat length.

This web site is one that one of the Bennett employees runs and answers all your questions. Don't think you'll find any better company to deal with........... :thumbup:

Boating & Fishing Forum - Tabman's Trim Tab Discussion

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to get set IMMEDIATELY! Thanks for the great info!

Bart

"Ugly Bay B"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts