Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been waiting for a weather window to run Succession back to Virginia Beach for Rockfish Season and the trips I have booked for January and February. Oh Yeah have some dates still available and looking to fill them.

I was lucky to have some fishing buddies jump on to make the run Frank, Little Frank and Justin. On the way down looked like the wind was going to hold off for the run up the beach, but that did not last long. Headed out of the inlet to a nice 3 foot sea which we had to 1/4 the whole way home. After a short run I marked some small packs of birds on the radar ahead of us and it was game one with quality fish. We were just inside the fence about 14 miles norht of the inlet. After two hours of catching quality 30 pound class fish it was time to push North. We stopped several times to find patches of fish and bait the whole way. We found some real good action off of False Cape about 6 miles South of Sandbridge where after 30 minutes the guys had had enough. I actually was fighting fish from my helm chair several times becuase of the mutiple hook ups. It is nice to see the plenty of fish in great numbers inside the fence.

Made it back to VB by 4:30 and was excited to find the water was still on at the marina to clean the boat. It was a little bumpy out there but laid out nice once we made it to Sandbridge.

Congradulations goes out to Big Frank who caught a 45# Rockfish and Justin who caught his first dozen plus quality Rockfish. We had a great average of 35 pounds for the fish we kept.

PS: The most bait we saw all day was from Sandbirdge up. Screen was full the whole way to Cape Henry.

·
Registered
294 Posts
date

it is 12/19 at 1133 am. illogical. Are you friends with SPOCK?

Kevin, was this yesterday or the day before or last year perhaps?

We know the bay is dumping bait... therefore I have one more question - where did you mark the largest concentrations of (larger marks) of rockfish?
tight lines & thank you!

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry about date. If you look it was early when I posted it should say 12/18 if that helps. South of Sandbridge and South of Duck. Marked pockets of fish while running up the cost. 3 miles in was where the fish were. One OI boat found them jsut off the beach.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Way to go Kevin.....Heard ya calling people in on the radio.....class act.......Hope to see ya soon! Need to get my JACKET!!! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts