Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with a few buddies yesterday out of Lynnhaven headed somewhere near the triple 000's looking for that warm eddy. Dropped in at the 975 water temp 70 started trolling east at about 7:20. No wind to speak of but lots of breaks. Water got up to 72 way overboard. Beautiful water but no life. Did run across some pilot whales but no bites. Saw a boat out of O.R and followed him for an hour or so with no luck for us or him. Finally worked our way southwest back down to the 875 at 100 fathoms with birds and 2 tones and lots of slicks. Still no bites. Finally you resolved myself to the fact that it's just going to be a beautiful day on the water with good fellowship. This is about 12:30 pm then the middle way way back goes off blue and white islander mylar , 25 lb yellowfin. Well at least it's not a skunk. Get everything back out with the last line out being the way way back again and hit the same spot again and bam the same rod goes off again. I just happened to be standing by the rod so I took it. I knew it was a little bigger fish than the other. To make a long enough story short an hour later 200lb bigeye. Trolled for another hour and a half did get 2 more knock downs but they didn't come tight. Great day, great weather for December 13. Ride back was glass. I am very thankful for the ride and crew. Merry Christmas to All!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Think I saw you and the fish as we were departing Marina Shores. Nice fish, congrats, and way to stick it out.

·
Registered
973 Posts
You guys and these dec canyon runs are hearting my heart lol.My boat like most is simply not run ready.Well done guys.Great to hear a report like that in dec.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts