Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went a few weeks ago and caught plenty of blues in no time. Yesterday I trolled for about 4 hours in the afternnon with my 4 year old and wife. I started on western side in about 30 ft and covered most depths. Nada. I went all the way to Eastern Shore, but no birds working and no bites. I had 3 spoons out, one hose, and a tandem bucktail. I did get a biteoff on the tandem but that's it. Weather was great, but fish were not cooperating. Oh well. I did notice the water temp is about 8 degrees colder than 2 weeks ago. I hope others did better.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Thanks for the report Andy. Almost blew off work when I saw the WX report, glad I stayed on the clock. I'll let you know if anything changes as I'll be out this week.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WX was awesome. I was surprised at all the Herrington Harbour big boats unloading and basically putting their boats away for the season. These are boats with heat onboard with plenty of room. Its sad. Especially when fuel is finally back down. I got gas in Tilgman yesterday for $3.09 I can't remember the last time gas was that cheap on the water. I hope it stays like that for a while. -Andy

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
I went a few weeks ago and caught plenty of blues in no time. Yesterday I trolled for about 4 hours in the afternnon with my 4 year old and wife. I started on western side in about 30 ft and covered most depths. Nada. I went all the way to Eastern Shore, but no birds working and no bites. I had 3 spoons out, one hose, and a tandem bucktail. I did get a biteoff on the tandem but that's it. Weather was great, but fish were not cooperating. Oh well. I did notice the water temp is about 8 degrees colder than 2 weeks ago. I hope others did better.
--Fresh water runoff & Possible Thermocline flip --

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I got gas in Tilgman yesterday for $3.09 I can't remember the last time gas was that cheap on the water.
Never thought I'd be seeing $3.00/gal gas being called cheap. :eek:
Guess that's what our kids will be talking about in 30-40 years -"Remember when gas was ONLY $4.00 a gallon - man those were the good old days".

Sorry about your lack of fish yesterday, Andy. I had the same lack of success a little farther north - fished Hacketts and the Severn River for a couple of hours with nothing but a couple of spot and perch to show for it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
The bay was covered with blues and Rock Sunday. Unfortunately, they were all around 12-16". Still some fun on light tackle, but I wouldn't want to be trolling all day for them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts