Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am new down in the point lookout area and I am wondering when the trolling in the river or the bay begins to heat up around here???? I am starting to get to the boat and the gear ready for the spring season and have the itch.....dont think the solomon fishing fair is going to help the itch either.

Thanks!!!

Rob

·
Registered
236 Posts
Go out on the river as soon as the season opens. Troll around the number 7 buoy and the number 9 can. You’ll see the crowd, just join in the pattern and maintain clearance.

In the past few years, fishing stays good until the second or third week in May.

Good luck.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
fish are here per netters. males anyway. my 2 cents is that rocks don't feed in spring until a little warmer temps. I am too lazy to mash down a bunch of barbs and I have been targeting perch and soon shad in the meantime.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
The fish are here NOW in very good numbers. They are feeding strong all the way up the bay. They are in the Susky Flats, so they should be all over the lower Potomac, at least in the smith point area.

We have done well just north, near the mouth of the Pax river. Got a gigantic 48" fish, and a 42" fish on a school of bunker, under gannetts.

The time to go is NOW, before the crowds, so you can learn the pattern, if you can spare the gas money. Good luck out there.

-TH

·
Registered
28 Posts
Keep my boat at Coles Point marina and last year Bouy 9 area was the hot spot in thew early part of the season. Hope for a repeat April 21st..See you there. My boat is Sea Dreams, give me a shout on the radio..I'll be there with FISH ON

·
Registered
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Caught a 42" north of the St. Mary's River. They are definetly here. Cant wait for the season to start

1 - 7 of 7 Posts