Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in the water at 730 am , set the lines in 40 feet just south of the lighthouse. the plan was to troll south as far as we could get, looking for birds.
Armed with some new swimbaits and with all the good reports I thought we would have our limit by noon,, NOT

Pretty much trolled all day till 2:30 without a bite, also no bird action at all
Did see nice marks near 83 and pulled the spread to do some jiggin but no luck.
I can say that the current was not being very helpfull niether. pretty slack after 9 am.

Ended up 1 mile nort of stonerock when we ran back to TPL wher finnally got the skunk off by jiggin chartruse bkd, catchin 16 inch dinks.

Heard the bite picked up an half hour after we left at 4pm,,, figures.

Bill

·
Registered
902 Posts
Had the same experiance yesterday.

We we're a little south of you.

Figures the bite came on after 4
that's when we pulled lines.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Bill sorry to hear that. The fish are really scattered, and the bight is pretty much at a dead slack tide. ( the big girls are lazy)
I would point your rig south and burn a little diesel fuel, just dont go to far:D
Better luck to ya, I'm on a plane to austrailia this afternoon insearch of a different type of striped one (the kind with a pointy nose:yes:)
Taylor

·
Registered
22 Posts
Same here!

Started out at Herring Bay went North all they way to Thomas Point.....
All the birds were just sitting or fly around in circles looking....
Not even a nibble:eek:

Left Thomas Point around 3pm....nothing.

On the way back to Herring Bay, we did notice birds begining to circle up high in the sky. It was kinda like they were expecting things start picking up.

Had to call it a day by 4pm.

I guess we missed the real action.

Will plan the next trip for later in the day:cool:

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I had the same result. I started at TPL around 9ish and worked my way down to 83 just like you did. I even ventured into EB for a little bit. The only birds I saw working were around a comm crabbing boat throwing away old bait. I saw a lot just sitting around. I'm heading further south this weekend.

·
Registered
2,805 Posts
Bill,

It looks like south is the place to be. I want to go out of Chesapeake beach 1 or 2 times before I put the boat up until spring. Thanks for the report!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I fished the C&R Buoy Sunday and had a 42"and 38" all day and witnessed a 52.5" 57lb. beast at the fish cleaning table at the Rod N Reel that was rumored to be caught at buoy 78 on Capt. Randy Dean's "Bay Hunter" that day. This info was coming from the fish cleaner though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts