Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody troll for striper in the "dutch gap area" on here? I was thinking of pullin some white buck tails, and mabye some minnow rigs. Sound like a good idea? How do you guys go about it?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Saw Capt. Neil doin' it on his video. Red and white diving rapala 5 1/2 '' trolled slow and against. The vid is worth the $.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea , i need to go ahead and buy it.
Anybody know of a local place i can pick one up at??
Thanks guys -Jake

·
Registered
887 Posts
Dutch Gap... Garden of Eden on the James River.

Home to the biggest Catfish on the planet.

Go ahead, take the Dutch Gap challenge.

Dutch Gap separates the men from the boys.

Dutch Gap, you are not the same person when you get back home.

Dutch Gap.. Dare to keep kids off small fish.

·
Registered
766 Posts
HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL CATCHING THEM AT DEEP BOTTOM BU IF I TOLD YOU HOW TO CATCH THEM ON THIS BOARD I'D HAVE TO SHOOT YOU. CALL ME

BELIEVE IT OR NOT STRIPERS ARE CAUGHT IN THE "DEEP BOTTOM" AREA ! ..................not dutch gap ! striperjoe[tongue]

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you fish with around the city? Bucktails or something? Rattle traps? Around structure i guess?

·
Registered
766 Posts
3/4 oz blue and silver rattle traps are deadly..............cast and reel 'em in ! At least that's where my name came from even if the name is about 3 years old.........HMmmmmmmmm...........[wink]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Greentop usually has the Old Dominion Outdoors videos with Capt Neil and freinds call before you go. The DVD of the james has the vol 1 and 2 in it for the same price 24.99 I think.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Large Rapala Husky Jerks
prefered colors
blue/silver/orange
orange/black (if you can find it)
green/silver
yellow/silver/red

Usually they swim at about 6-7'.
Use a barrell swivel up the line a ways to get it down a few more feet than normal.
Troll as slow as possible near a drop off.

Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts