Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard people mention catching Trout while trolling , but
have never caught one that way myself. Do any of you actually
target them when trolling and what methods work best?

·
Registered
109 Posts
we catch a fair number of the in the fall while trolling for stripers. i guess i have caught the most off windmill between there and 2r.
usually found in large schools and usually hit yellow baits best for me. when i find them i usually stop trolling and go to jigging with light tackle. lots of fun

frog

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have caught a few out past windmill bar while trolling from stripers. They were caught on small bucktails fished near the bottom. I think they were caught in October before the large stripers come into the bay when small baits are the way to go.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Bottom bouncing (slow trolling) rig can be very productive on Trout, especially when working along channel edges.

A simple but productive bottom bouncing rig is simply a three way swivel, bottom dropper (3-6') to heavy sinker (depends on depth) and a 10' -12' leader to a shallow plug or 1/4 oz bucktail. Bomber 15A work very well as a plug (never try the pink n clear). Not the most exciting way to get trout, but very productive technique to locate schools then jig on 'em.

·
Registered
77 Posts
we have caught em up river around no 8 in the fall...usually on the skinny water side of the buoy..bucktails with 7 " yellow mr twister tails was the last favorite..small shads will work too. been a while though..good luck dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts