Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the dock at 800, crew was Fran (my stepfather) and Ron (Shellback CVA59).
The plan was to try some early fall trolling. Ran out into 15-20 knot winds and 2-3 foot waves, but it began to slowly settle down thru the day.
Got out a 9 rod spread plus 2 dummy lines and headed south. We marked lots of bait and fish but no takers. Went over to the eastern side and not much different. Changed baits all around all day but couldnt find the right combo.
Finally put out a "Shady Deale" trimmed with 1oz bucktails and hooked up right away.
Ron boated a nice 30" fish.
Had another hook up at the same time that got off.
Then we found the crab pot. OOPS. Managed to get lines in and the backed down to retrive the dummy line that was hung. Rescued it too, didn't loose any tackle but had quite the tangled mess on the deck.
Headed back in soon after as both guys had a long drive home.

BTW - It's too early for Storm shads, blues tore them to pieces.

Attachments

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Nice fish. I wish I could have gone today. Going to try and get out tomorrow afternoon since I am in Annapolis for a lunch meeting. Let me know if you want to go. I want to see the "Shady Deale".

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Steve,
Glad to hear you hooked up (on the Rock). Least you got yer stuff back (dang crab pots). You were brave to play with the Wx, and sacrifice plastic to them Commies.

Jim

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Thanks for the Report :D

Surprised to know the Blues are still in town:eek:...the H2o temps must still be high. Hopefully the rain on Saturday will thin them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts