Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i wasting my time trolling rock hall/Love point area for spring rock? Should I keep going south or give it a try? If i do go further south what areas should i try not to much further past the bay bridge?

·
Premium Member
26,257 Posts
Alot depends on the water quality-how muddy and how much debri.With the gates already open on the Conowingo dam-I would head south.2 yrs. ago it was muddy and the fishing was very slow.Last year with clean water -the fishing was good. The LP marker area can be a real sleeper spot-everyone runs right past it on the way to Thomas Point.Try this-put over a chart. umbrella rig real close to the boat so you can see it.If it disappears from sight when 6'' underwater :eek: -keep going south. Not sure way rock don't bite in the muddy water.They feed at night and in heavy surf but I've never done good in muddy water.One old timer says the dirt gets in their gills. Good luck and watch for logs/debri when running.By Saturday alot of trash will be near Love Point area. Skip

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Am i wasting my time trolling rock hall/Love point area for spring rock? Should I keep going south or give it a try? If i do go further south what areas should i try not to much further past the bay bridge?
No, you are not wasting your time in that area...around R10 off Swan Point there is a well defined deep water channel, and I have been told that 70% of the spawning rockfish pass through there.

I've fished between R10 and LP quite a bit over the last 4 trophy seasons and have taken a 39", 38" 37" [email protected]" 2 @ 34" and 1 @ 29" (this season) along with 3 lost fish.

You're not likely to catch the numbers of fish that can be caught south of there, but it will probably be less crowded.

There will be fish there...

Ed

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Are you using umbrellas, tandem rigs?
Both...sometimes tandems BEHIND umbrellas..though I will say that we've taken more fish on deeper rods than off the boards...don't know why that is or what it means...and using 'schoolie rigs' instaed of umbrellas.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.