Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set out at 1:00PM when the tide gave me just enough water to get my boat off the lift. We set out to chase pods but I brought some trolling gear just in case. Tried to LTJ in the upper bay in and around the mouth of the Sass. but although the birds were working and there were marks, we couldn't seem to get anything more than a few bumps. We decided to scout our way down to Pooles island to see if any pods of fish would pop up for us to jig over. There was nothing happening so we set up the trolling rigs at the top of the Tolchester channel and zig zaged our way south. For all of our time and effort we got nothing. We did see lots of bait fish in clouds on the screen but couldn't raise a fish with a white umbrella, chartuese tandum, white tandum and two singles.

It was a bit frustrating and we called it at 4:30. I guess the upper bay is almost done for this season as I heard a lot of frustrated chatter on 68. Does anyone know of any decent catching being done north of the bay bridge? I'll hang in there if there's another couple of weeks worth of action to be had, but after three outtings in two weeks with little to show for it, I'm thinking about hanging it up for the season.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Throwback,
I left out of the Elk River yesterday with the same idea. Ran down to Poole's and started looking. Saw nothing. Ran down just South of Rock Hall and tried some jigging in some of the deeper channels and shallower ledges. Nothing at all. Tried trolling back up from Rock Hall to Pooles. Still nothing. A lot of gas burned for no fish but it was better than working! Didn't see or hear much activity either. Looks like it may be time to book a trip to CBBT or the Rips soon.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts