Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps some of you might find this data interesting. It is a year-by-year summary of my Spring Trophy Season catch log out of Solomons since 2003 (13 seasons). FWIW 2015 was my slowest Trophy season (measured as fish over 28" caught per hour of trolling) - slightly slower than my 2008 Spring season. 2012 was my best Spring season (it was epic for almost 3 weeks). 2014 had the greatest % of fish over 40", but 2015 was not far behind in that regard. Hoping my catching rate rebounds in 2016 and getting excited for Opening Day - can't get here soon enough!

Font Parallel Slope Pattern Number

·
Registered
120 Posts
sounds impressive ...I guess your on a big boat , trolling 18 to 20 rods . I keep my fish log on my left hand , and on a good year I might have to use the right hand ,but never the toes !

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
Perhaps some of you might find this data interesting. It is a year-by-year summary of my Spring Trophy Season catch log out of Solomons since 2003 (13 seasons). FWIW 2015 was my slowest Trophy season (measured as fish over 28" caught per hour of trolling) - slightly slower than my 2008 Spring season. 2012 was my best Spring season (it was epic for almost 3 weeks). 2014 had the greatest % of fish over 40", but 2015 was not far behind in that regard. Hoping my catching rate rebounds in 2016 and getting excited for Opening Day - can't get here soon enough!

View attachment 197610
I'd add a couple of tabs to that Excel spreadsheet for 2016, and do it sooner than later...:yes:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Trolling hours is when we start setting rods to when they are back in. Not precisely measured, just an estimate for each trip.
Boat is a 33' sportfisherman twin diesel. Raises rockfish. I'll give any of you guys a good deal on it if you are looking to upgrade your catching by going diesel - PM me!
Generally fishing 18-21 rods. Can get 24 out if relatively calm and tough fishing. Always somewhere between CP and HS. If crowded, I tend to go a little south to avoid the madness.
2012 was remarkable out of Solomons. 26 fish in 3 hours on opening day, including 9 rods down with 11 fish at once. And it stayed pretty darn good until first week of May. Didn't get out more than 8-12 rods in first few trips, and always back to dock by 10:30-11am. Hoping for a similar showing this year!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts