Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had a call from DNR and they gave me the 2007 SPRING TROPHY SIZE LIMITS, they are 28" to 35 " and any fish over 41" . You may keep these fish however any fish between 35" to 41' must be realeasd
CAPT RICH

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Capt.

How are the regs going to be divided???

If I have a total of 3 people on board I assume that there is a 3 fish per boat max (1 fish per person) that either must be between 28-35" or over 41".

Under that scenario, you cannot catch 3 between 28-35 and then catch one or more over 41" correct?

·
Registered
11 Posts
IM OK with the size and the slot . Ihope we dont kill alot of fish looking for that size. another thing i hope va. mass. nj. and all the rest dont getb to keep my fish i throw back.

·
Registered
552 Posts
So 28" to 35" or over 41" is the keeper window. And 35" to 41" is the release window.

I see that 35" is listed twice. I guess exactly 35"would be a keeper.

And if I get one that's 35 1/4" I can trim a quarter inch off the tail with a scissors and have him for dinner?

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Thanks for the info Capt R.:D

The last 3 springs we have avg about 20 fish per trip. I'd say that 90% of those were about 38 inches.
I don't know what this means to me. Maybe that we go home empty a few times. Rest of the times we will be keeping 41+ inch fish.
Whatever....as the daughter would say.:D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts