Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Md. DNR just announced terms of the spring trophy season. It runs April 21-May 15, one fish a day 28-35 inches, or one over 41 inches. It's altered a bit from their original proposal, which was for 28-37 slot plus one over 42. ASMFC signed on today. They are convinced it will mean no more than 30,000 trophies are caught. Sounds like wishful thinking, but we'll see.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
It appears he only does one post a year. :D

·
Registered
7,591 Posts
Make sure we got that right - it went from "one slot PLUS one trophy" to "one slot OR one trophy"..... I.E. - One fish limit.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Okay not being sarcastic. but there is some gray area in the slot. 35 allowed 35 not. So it ends at 35 and 35 1/4 is illegal or not illegal til 36.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Gee, is this the same Angus Phillips that's crying about getting booted out of his hunt club because he wouldn't join the NRA to comply with the hunt club rules?

(American Rifleman - April 2007 issue - page 26).

·
Registered
196 Posts
Why does it matter? He was just letting everyone know about the long awaited size limits...something I am sure we all appreciate. Thanks for the info Angus.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Debra Christine, if MD was put on the coastal stock, you would not be able to keep anything under 28" all year long. Then we would have guys complaining about that.

Ele

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,293 Posts
:rockingreport:
Hey Angus, welcome to the TF website and thanks for the information.
/s/ Swampfox
I agree ....... Thanks Angus for giving us the information as it happened .........

Man ......... you can sure tell spring is in the air and the fishin is ready to commence ........... you can sure tell they haven't gotten any in awhile (fishin that is) ...........these guys are crankier than a rockfish ready to spawn ...........

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
All you Newbies haven't a clue. Listen this is a GREAT place. But do yourselfs a favor.. Sit back, read, and learn.. All this accolaides are BS. And I'm not saying Bait Shop..

·
Registered
861 Posts
Golly, the Angus guy and the Swampfox guy both joined within a week of each other in 2001. One has 6 posts and the other has 4 - and one is welcoming the other to the board. Do I sense a conspiracy here? Echo is better at this then I am.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts