Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Trophypro asked me to post a pic of the rig used at the Rockfish Shootout. Chris' was Black head and Chartreuse hair and 9" shad. trailer hooks are 9/0. 20" frame, 9-6" shad. This one has the 4 oz. Bright Eyes chutes. Close up is the Umbrella Rig Clip. It takes a little heavier tackle to run these but they do produce fish.
Here ya go TrophyPro!

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
nice look'n UB rig.
I can't see from the picture how the Chute leader and the shad teaser are connected to the frame at the same spot w/out fouling.:confused:

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Good question Leon....I played with that last year. You cant use the cheap umbrella rigs. the ones that have no offset on the end.
The frames we use in this rig have the offset. out of the box they are too "open". Put your swivel in the round part and squeeze HARD to close the gap.You can also "wire" that section. On some you may have to bend the wire in the opposite direction to get it to fit right. that will keep the chute swivel where it should be. the shad snap swivel swill go on the inside part and slide up to the loop.

The shad are attached as usual to the snap swivel ( these are Rosco), the chute leaders are 80# and crimped with a 1.0 double barrel crimp.
they wont get twisted, THE LEADERS MUST BE THE SAME LENGTH. these are 18". depending on who Im making them for 18" is standard. Some guys run them a little longer up to 24". the key..as with any umbrella rig is how its put in the water...Lay it in the water and get it where it is running right. Keep your thumb on the spool as you keep letting line out. you want a tight line when setting the rig. These are DEADLY in the fall when the fish are schooled up. Not as many doubles in the spring but it gives you twice the shot. its not unusal to catch two at a time on this setup. but when you do...you know it!!:D

I know you know how to fish them......I have read the reports;) You might like this color scheme:D

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, I'm really happy with the way they turned out. I will box them up and get them out to you first thing in the morning. You should have them wed. I want pics of the fish though!!:p

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
That rig is the best if anyone needs one order it up. 90% of the strikes were on that rig.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts