Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished last week at Tropic Star.
First went to fish for peacock bass and caught about a 100 of them small less than a pound.
Then went to Tropic Star on Sat.Sat afternnon after lunch went to the village.The poorest place I have been.Played soocer with the locals,saw them perform thier dances all in all a great time.
Sunday fishedI caught a sail,and a black the fleet released 8 Marlin and 2 sails
Monday my boat caught 1 blue marlin.We saw 2marlin.7 marlin caught by the fleet
Tue.Saw 3 blacks caught 1
Wed.Went rooster fishing in the morning caught 1 lost 3 more than went trooling for the marlin Did not see one.
Wed.Hooked 2 blacks did not catch one this day, also saw a sail missed him also.The fleet didnt catch any marlin except the boat Australia release 5 blacks and a sail.
Thrusday,We caght 10 tunas did not see any marlin
Friday our last day saw one big black marlin got bit but know hook up.How ever caght 13 tunas up 50lbs in the biggest school of fish I ever seen.A mile wide of dolphins,tunas marlin jumping chasing bait for a solid hour.It was great.One boat caught a 172lb yellowfin tuna.
Over all the fishing was ok but not great.We saw marlin every day but one.The capts.mates boats,equipment are all first class.The food was great.The people were great .
Had the best time of my life.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Congrats - Sounds like an awesome trip. I keep wanting to book for tropic star but that 1 year waiting list keeps me from doing. I don't know what I am doing next week. Let alone 1 year from now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts