Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reserve Comment

Tony - I'm heading out to the airport but send me a comment via b-mail if you have a chance. You're right that some things are best kept off the public airwaves. :]

·
Registered
861 Posts
Nice looking job. Could see the possibility of the line riding up that gentle curve on the support arm under certain conditions.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Nice looking job. Could see the possibility of the line riding up that gentle curve on the support arm under certain conditions.
I agree. The vertical section should be a little more vertical before it goes into the curve, JMO. Add a mudflap for snoods. Not sure how they come up with $200 for it.

·
Registered
503 Posts
pretty looking roller set up.,but is that stuck in a rod holrer? if so won't it swing front to back because it is a round tube in a round holder? what am i missing unless they expect you to tie it off. if so needs more eng.work for the money.

·
Registered
861 Posts
It's probably got a notch cut into the bottom edges to fit over the pin in the bottom of the holder, like the better trolling rods have criss crossed grooves to keep the rods from turning. That's the way I would have done it, if I was going to mount it in a rod holder.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Your right on the money Mikie it has a notch in the bottom. A friend uses one in his 24' Judge
he uses a snood line I know because I made the line for him he's never had a problem with it

Harry

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I think the price is justifyable. Considering it is made from stainless and with what the prices are for SS these days. You would pay around $90 bucks for a roller at Skipjack that mounts to a 2x4. So yea, I think the price is worth it. I would add a teather to it just in case. :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Unless I am looking at a different roller, it is not stainless steel, made of annodized aluminum, which would make a big difference in the price I would think.
Shirley

·
Registered
970 Posts
roller needs to be thicker or a flap added for snoods, Line would definately creep up the curve on the boat side, I like mine closer to the water for less drop offs, Like DB said, Save for beer, bait, and fuel. Besides I would not want something stronger than my rod holder/ fiberglass. This sounds stupid but I have forgotten the roller when pulling into a dock before. PVC and wood Breaks before the holder and glass. I have two kinds both cost less than $40. One is a 2x4 with bolts and a rolling pin, the other is pvc both have served me well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts