Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi TF's
I have a problem with my Lowrance global map 160.
it worked great last fall, now all i have is a working gps. I have no sonar or fish finding working, no backlight or alarms. I have lon.& lat. and speed & direction. my transducer looks to be in great cond, all wiring looks good. I keep it in my house when not using it. I baby it. I tried cleaning the transducer and checked all wiring, it all looks good. I was wondering if someone knows of a boat electronics forum, or may no what my problem is.

Thank,s for your help!
rcgsilver

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I would try calling Lowrance customer service. Sometimes they can troubleshoot over the phone or tell you how to send it in for repair.

I recently had a problem with my combo unit on the GPS side and they repaired it free of charge even though it was out of warrenty.

·
Registered
987 Posts
"The Hull Truth" has an electronics forum. I think there is a thread about that going on now? May be a couple days old
Very helpful website-thanks mytime

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased a new Lowrance 332C after talking to their tech. He said my old unit could not be fixed, due to parts not available. my old unit LMS160 was over six years old. They did send me a rebate letter for $75 that i used for the new LMS 332C. plus i had a $15 certificate from WestMarine. that gave me $90 off.
Thank's for your imput.
rcgsilver

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
This is a really good post. The problem was written about with questions and the original writer came back and told everyone about what they found out and what the resolution was. Very few people actually post the results of their efforts

Thanks for posting the results. This makes it one of the better posts here on TidalFish. [excited][excited]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts