Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched @ Hillsboro at first light- extremely high tide ( moon phase) . Fished upriver very slow - couple small Neds. Others seemed to report the same , wind was a bit of a problem for drifts. When the tide started to drop w/ wind it was much more so :help:. About half way through the dropping tide a bite commenced - 2 young guys had tucked their kayaks in along the bank and were hitting White perch on just about every cast- some nice sized fish! I tried just up the bank from them & got some of the action too. Went toward shore too take a leak and the shallows were full of bull minnows ( on the sunny side) . I think the perch were on that side feeding on the bait in the warming water. My action ceased but these guys continued to bang ' em in about a 25 square foot area. I moved to just below them but didd'nt come close to getting the same results. Bite was good for about 1 1/2 hrs then dead. Still managed a dozen keepers about 1/4 of them Neds. If you are planning to fish here I suggest timing it for the falling tide :amen:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts