Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Tuckahoe ... heard reports the yellows were there. 70+ people and never saw one fish of any kind caught in over an hour.

Went up the road to Tuckahoe lake... hooked a nice carp in a shallow cove and he broke me off on base of weeds. I wanted to fish behind the dam (stocked trout) ... but discovered I left my little fly box at home. I'm a dumb-dumb. Tried a mini-clouser but nada.

Started back to car (disgusted) when it dawned on me that I clipped-off a BHGRHE the other day and it fell into my trunk. I looked for it then but did not find it quickly, so it remained lost. I started digging thru the trunk and found it !! Now I needed some lighter leader material .... shant, didn't have any of that either. It was in my bag with the little fly box (at home). All I had was 14 lb test mid-section of the leader (after the carp broke the 6 lb off). What the hell ... I tied the hare's ear directly to the end of the 14 lb mono. Made a cast, and swung the nymph thru the faster water. The line darted out and straightened and I was hooked-up.

Landed a pretty little 12 inch rainbow. My first "Eastern Shore" trout. Who says trout are leader-shy ?

Decided I had pushed my luck far enough and retired from the scene.

John

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tony, that's what one old geezer said... "tide is important here". They were waiting them out, but I did not have that kinda time. I rarely fish over there so I was clueless.

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Thanks for the fun report! I am going to shoot over there this week, I think the fish will start to bite with these warmer temps. If you are over around Tuckahoe and you do not find any fish there you can always shoot up and try the Choptank around Red Bridges and also at the Greenboro ramp area. Sometimes you can have good luck doing that. It is not that far of a drive either. Things should be picking up in all those spots this week if all goes as it has in the past.

Nice work on the trout!

Brandon

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.