Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,253 Posts
The trucks were pre treating the 495 beltway - near Cabin John / 270 area this afternoon.

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Don't wish your life away! Spring will be here soon enough. It seems these winter storms are hard to predict BUT there ain't nothing you can do but be prepared and deal with it. I really enjoy all of our 4 seasons here and am too old to wish even a day away. I'll take whatever comes and be happy:yes:...........Gary

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Oh No I have created weatherman of all kinds, shapes and sizes, This is why I stopped,

It got out of control with 2 many people giving their opinion, prediction, etc.

It takes alot of work going into predicting and forecasting weather. Give it a try and see how it will beat you downdoh

What a shame. I really enjoyed it and had alot of pride and making sure that my fellow tfer's understood how dangerous these storms can become for us and our family members.

Phil(lily):yes:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Skip, I have noticed lately there are 9 to 10 streams on some of the roads that seem to be put there by a truck. Is this the treatment that you mentioned. What are they putting on the road?I have seen it on 83 north all the way to the PA line.

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Skip, I have noticed lately there are 9 to 10 streams on some of the roads that seem to be put there by a truck. Is this the treatment that you mentioned. What are they putting on the road?I have seen it on 83 north all the way to the PA line.
They are putting down a liquid urea as a pre treatment. It sticks to the road unlike salt that gets blown off by traffic.

·
Registered
14,326 Posts
Oh No I have created weatherman of all kinds, shapes and sizes, This is why I stopped,

It takes alot of work going into predicting and forecasting weather. Give it a try and see how it will beat you downdoh

What a shame. I really enjoyed it and had alot of pride and making sure that my fellow tfer's understood how dangerous these storms can become for us and our family members.

Phil, Don't let the imposters beat you down. We really enjoyed your posts and the shame is that you are not doing it any more.........Gary

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Phil,all that I did was link to a site that has "professional" weathermen forecasts. I am not,or don't pretend to be,a weatherman. My creek is iced in at the moment so it's no use trying to chat about fishing.

I would like you to present your insight to the weather,as it is a viable discussion for the boring winter doldrums. I do believe,however,that Native American Indians could predict the weather better than the modern day "professional weatherman".:yes:

·
Registered
2,233 Posts

I'm not trolling on this one so please don't take offense. I'm just curious why you care that others were predicting the weather? Your predictions were always scientific and always got alot of reads, including mine.

Were people from the list PM'ing you calling you out for being wrong, or were they making direct shots towards you?

You've made a couple of comments on various threads, seemingly upset about it. Just curious if someone here directly offended you or what?

·
Registered
233 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. Hopefully, Phil will reconcider and start posting again. I always enjoyed the insight and my family continues to asks what my fishing friend has to say about the weather.

G

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Yea that's the treatment. I saw a truck putting it down on 83 the other day.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Keep forecasting for us Phil. I have told people about your success rate in predicting and how you inform us way earlier then the tv stations with last years storms. When you mention the first storm in December, my friends did not believe me when I warned about bad weather. Even thou it was a light snow, now they ask what coming now.

·
Registered
7,603 Posts
Yeauh, I'm not sure what you're getting at either LILY, I mean, afterall, this is the internet, and the internet is jam packed full of experts.

If everybody with an iota of info quit posting because all us other experts showed up afterwards with our knowledge, nobody'd be posting anything, anymore.

Go easy on yourself.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts