Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Fished near Claremont with my buddy Steve. Overall it was kinda slow for us today. We caught a few 10 lbers and a mean old snapping turtle and I got the fish above. At one point I looked up and Steve was yelping on a turkey call he brought and all of a sudden, we heard a gobble back. A big old tom came to the edge and gave us a show. Steve also caught a cat on his handline, what a battle. Later we had 2 other jakes and another gobbler come to Steve's calling. Had fresh shad and bunker for bait. Still trying to figure out how to get a bigger one from around there. Each time they get a little bit bigger, but we are not there yet.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Hey justin....can you send that picture to my [email protected]
I can't get it on this board.....Had a good time yesterday...and the turkeys were definetly a bonus between bites.....We'll have to do it again......the turkeys are starting to gobble more...makes for a good trip when you hear them echo thru the woods.....
Did that one of the turkey puffing up turn out.....?
Fine job you did on the cat too.....glad we got -em......

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have several shots, but I did not get one of him struttin. I will send it to your email. I am getting ready for work now, but I will send it this evening, it takes forever on dial up. You should be able to right click (with the mouse) on it and save it to your computer from this board. Thanks for the trip

·
Registered
782 Posts
we gotta go again.....and no problem on the trip.....glad you called.....

okay I got the cat pic....cool....looks good......I gotta get a good digital camera....may go today and get one.....
can't wait to see the turkey one......
chat with ya later....

·
Registered
157 Posts
I did this the last time up there the small cats picked up the large bait but dropped it as soon as they could not swallow it. Had to load ups on our rods but they ran into a sunken barge. Two inches wide and # 8 circle hooks.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah that was what happends to us usually. I was using some chunks that are about 3 1/2-4" wide and 6" tall and we get some run off's but they let it go. I guess I am just not in the most ideal spot for the big boys. I just cant run all the way up there from where I live and am trying to get dialed into them lower on the river around Claremont (which still takes me about 2 hours to get to the fishing spot from leaving my house).

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice Cat Justin, I Am Suprised Your Still Cat Fishing. I Thought You Would Be Back To The Salt By Now. The Only Thing Worse Than Catching A Snapping Turtle With Rod And Reel Is Accindently Getting One In Your Cast Net Like I Did Last Week.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We went flounder fishing last Friday and did really good at the 8 mile marker. I figured this will be one of my last trips for the cats. I might try them one more time again this Friday, I think it is supposed to be blowing in the bay. At least we have figured out a starting point for them for next November.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts