Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Plan A was to take the big boat out and go to the triangles. After looking at the weather, it wasnt gonna happen.
Plan B was to take the big boat off sandbridge in the evening and look for some big reds outside the surf. The forecast showed the wind shifting from W to hard NE early in the evening so we bailed on that.
Plan C was to take Marcs little 20'er back into Lynnhaven and do some backwater fishing. This turned out to be a good idea. We had nonstop action throughout the inlet. We put the boat in at Crab Creek around four in the afternoon. The tide was outgoing. we started out using some gulp baits, but the bluefish were wearing them out. Switched over to plugs and caught a nice 21'' striper. Then we started bait fishing for pups. We had nonstop action on the pups catching a dozen or so pups, two 8# black drums, a 17'' flounder, and a keeper sea bass. We had a couple pups that were in the 30'' range and the biggest was almost 33''. Sometime between 7 and 8 o clock, the wind switched over pretty hard from the NE and it got cold pretty quick, so we bagged it and went home. Fun little three hour trip though.

Talked to some guys at the boat ramp before heading out and they said the spot bite was really bad inside the inlet all day.

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Nice...did real well on the spotted croakers in there yesterday. Got the boat back and will be spending a lot of time in the inlet sticking fish with these new tags I'm field testing for VIMS. Let me know when you need a fix and we will go.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Nice work, Jake:thumbup:. Looks like we'll all be fishing the inlets for the next several days with the wind:boat:

Ed

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
Nice work, Jake:thumbup:. Looks like we'll all be fishing the inlets for the next several days with the wind:boat:

Ed

OR up on the RIVER......

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Congrats Jake! Nice afternoon!

damn, that cat is a SLOB!!!! how do you clean them bigguns like that?, whats the best way to eat'm?
I have a bad habit of frying everything...
You clean them by letting them swim away........dont eat the big cats out of the river :wacko: if you are going to eat any at all eat a couple smaller ones......MAJOR fish advisory on them.....ITS CATFISH, YOU GOTTA FRY EM UP!!! Is there another way to cook catfish??? LOL

·
Registered
598 Posts
Nice report Jake. I had good luck on the pups yesterday as well. I found them back in the south 40.

My mullet supply is getting a little thin. How long will the mullet be available for cast netting?

Mike

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gordy, were you with Casey on the Panga? I saw you over there... Give me a call. I got some stuff from VIMS too that you might be interested in.
That cat was huge.... what did that thing wiegh?
Mullet should be around for a little while longer.

·
Premium Member
4,887 Posts
Good stuff there Jake. I'll be back in town tomorrow, and on the pups tomorrow night... see you guys out there.

A 33" fish is a NICE ONE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts