Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calvin and I got on the water about 8. We started catching striper about 8:30 and it was pretty steady until we left at 11. I also got 6 hickory shad. Biggest striper was 25". All of mine were caught casting 4" white curly tail with pink tail up current into the light line.

We also saw Ric, Kevin, Greg, and two others who I haven't had the pleasure to meet yet. Looks like everyone had a good night on the water.

Tom

Anyone get any croaker or bluesor flounder? I am not even going to ask about the 't' word.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I was the guy in the blue tarpon, i caught 2 stripes, a 19 and a 20. Quite a few hookups, quite a few spit hooks. I was using 4 inch storms in black/flash bunker color. All fish were hooked just out of the light line , halfway to the bottom. Current was wacky, i was tired, so i left early (10ish).

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for posting the results guys. Sounds like it was a really good day, I bet today will be even better. Unfortunately I have to work. I'm just waiting for my new carrier since my old one won't fit the new car. Hope to see you all out there soon. Water temp is almost up to 50 :)

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ryan J., the water temp is at 54 at Sewells Point right now! Warm weather tommorrow ought to drive it up over 55. If the weather this weekend doesn't ruin it, it should be 'on'.

Can't wait. I had a blast last night. It will be really fun when the blues show up.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Sweet. Thanks for the report on the water temp. I thought it was around 46-48. I got my kayak racks in today, but next week's weather doesn't look so good plus I"ll have company coming. Maybe the week after that I can make it! Enjoy your fishing this week :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts