Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took one look a the Rapp and the Pank and hauled the boat home... Only had the one day to fish this week... looks like a bust. Think Ill head over to Green Top and spend some money...

How do y'all rig your tamdem buck tails... 3 ways?? how long of a leader... anyone ty there own daisy chains ?? I'm board...

Storm's or bucktail's for tamdems and daisychains ???????

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
storms or bucktails for the chains, storms, bucktails or parachutes for the tandems, on lighter tandems I will just tie a double surgeons loop instead of a three way but on three way chutes with weights over 4 ounces I use a three way swivel.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
we found the fish on the way back to gwynns island at 8 and 8a in the mouth of the piankatank. nothing big 19 to 24 inchers. They only were biting on green lures we put out. Nothing like I was hoping for by any means, I heard a bite was starting to develop over by the cut channel but we had to be back in around noon so we had to pass that one up. I am hoping this weeks cold weather will help the fish get schooled up a little better.

--John

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Daisy chain

I tied up a chain with 4 storms and put a strech 15 at the end. anyone ever try this. also used some tandems with parashoots and buck tails. I have been getting a lot of schollies on the buck tails and strech 15's ( chart) also getting a few on storms. wanted to mix the storms and stretch's to see if I'll double. I always like to mix up the spred, colors and size till I see what there hitting.

Just got back from Green Top and it was snowing. Oh well back to work tomorrow, looks like Monday will be the next trip out

·
Registered
191 Posts
sounds good satterly. I'll be out there in the river this weekend around 10 and 8. I'll be coming from waterview. I'll be on 68, give me a call if anything happens and i'll do the same. The weekend looks fishable as of now so we'll see. See you on the water.
Fish Finder

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Never hung a stretch on the end of a chain but I have fished a stretch 15 behind a mojo off a three way before and caught fish on it. Not saying that it should work but sometimes doing something different does.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.