Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw two bunches of turkeys this morning about 7:30, in a field in front of my house and they had two big toms in them. My hunting partner didn't get here 'til 9:30 and they were gone. We tried several places and didn't see or hear a bird. Turkey hunting in a hurricane sucks!!! The wind was gusting to about 40 mph. Have any of you guys done any good hunting turkeys in the wind?

mini moe

·
Registered
770 Posts
Yea,I know what you mean.
I had a big old gobbler 30 steps from me this AM and right as I was pulling the trigger,
a big old gust of wind came and blew him off his feet and I missed him.:eek2:
Then I woke up to the wind howling outside.:yawn:
Too much wind for me to get out of bed today.
Maybe Wed. the wind will lay down some.

"Sea-Ya"

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sat. was nice, Mon. & today were tough but, the birds on our farm in N.C. seem to going straight to the fields or hanging out in Pine thickets where its not as noisy. If you get to the fields either before they do or without spooking them in the afternoon decoys and patience will work. Its not any fun when they're quiet but, it can still be productive.

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
killed my first tom this morning 21lbs 10 ozs. everyone said id be hooked , i am. 10 inch beard 1 1/4 inch spurs . not bad for a rookie

·
Registered
345 Posts
Dude! Thats Awsome! I was at Bass Pro Shop in (hampton)today
getting my shells for tomorrows hunt and in there show case is the same turkey! 21and 10"...if I see that in the field its like seeing a Big Buck! wish me luck now!!:yes:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Rain Can Be Good

Moe - as long as its a slow light rain - they will beeline to a field to eat bugs. Good luck - got number 1 last weekend will post stroy and picture this weekend as I chase number 2 with a buddy. You still chasing that boss in the swamp or did you get up on him ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts