Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to oportunity to scout a new hunting spot this afternoon. I won't say what County we were in but the property runs along the James River. We were making our way around a small cutover when two large bucks erupted from the cover in front of us. We didn't get a real good look but both were trophy class Whitetails. The lesser of the two looked to be an 8 possibly a 10 about 20 inches wide with very long tines. The other was an OH MY GOD buck. This was the man. This is by far the largest Buck I have ever seen on the hoof. I'm guessing about 24" and very non-typical. I didn't know they grew this big around here. Adam and myself will not be working Thusday or Friday,we will be doing a little scouting.

So much for the hard work I put in on the food plots on my place. I'm hunting ***** County for a little.

DEAN who will have a hard time sleeping next Friday for sure[excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited][excited]

·
Registered
887 Posts
Good luck. They may not bed down in that same spot now since they were busted. Try not to disturb the area. If you do scout control your scent. And most importantly....if you need help call me.[grin]

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I am available as a stand by man. Just put me up a tree with a radio, you wear the headset and I will keep you abreast of anything heading your way.

I shot one of those "Oh My God" bucks with a muzzleloader once. He was huge. Had good blood trail. Walked right up to him. But the shock of the shot must have knocked off most of his rack, cause there at the end of the blood laid a little ragged 4 point rack. But I SWEAR he was a wall hanger when he took off on his death run!!![smile]

Good luck, 11 days. Might only be in the mid 80's by then. Nice and cool.

Dayton

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No more scouting needed, thanks anyway Kepone. We hung six stands before we spooked the two bucks. I hope it all works out. Its a kinda small peice so if they stray far it won't be good. We will see next week.

DEAN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts