Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first is SFAC meeting on Tuesday. Agenda location etc. can be found here:

http://dnr.maryland.gov/fisheries/calendar/events/74/MDDNR_SFAC_Preliminary_Agenda_April_2011.pdf

The second is on Wednesday:

Ask Questions! Express Your Concerns! Let Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council (MAFMC) leadership and National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) representatives know what you think!

What: Public Listening Session

Who: Mid-Atlantic Fishery Management Council

When: Wednesday April 13, 2011 - 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm

Where: Annapolis, MD & online at GoToMeeting.com

The MAFMC welcomes your input during a public question & answer session from 5pm to 6pm on Wednesday April 13, 2011 in Annapolis, MD. The session will be in the evening and is designed to allow stakeholders an opportunity outside of the normal Council agenda to ask questions or express concerns regarding Council management issues. Topics you may want to discuss include:

Ecosystem Management

Bycatch Reduction

Catch Shares

Recent Assessment Results

Recreational Data Collection

Research Set-Aside Program

Allocation Issues

Coastal and Marine Spatial Planning

Annual Catch Limits

...and anything else on your mind!

Questions will be taken as time allows from both those attending in person and via webinar. For online webinar access register at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/963693944 - once registered you will receive an email confirming your registration with the information you need to join the webinar.

For those interested in attending this public comment session in person, directions are available at www.historicinnsofannapolis.com/html/annapolis-hotel.asp. The session will be in the Governor Calvert House (410-263-2641).

Contact Jason Didden at [email protected] or 302-526-5254 if you have any other questions or if you would like to confirm your ability to access the session via webinar.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
There is also the TFAC meeting on Thursday in C-1 of the Tawes State Office Bldg in Annapolis. This is the Commercial commission that advises the DNR.

6:30 - 9:00 pm.

Ele

·
Registered
8,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Ele, make that 3 meetings. I am trying for tonight but have other obligations both Wed and Thursday evenings. I hope some recreational anglers can make the Wed night meeting in order to speak out against catch shares, allocation, and by catch. ( I may be able to make the first 15 min of it though)

·
Premium Member
18,673 Posts
Thanks Greg for posting. I offered on the conservation forum to meet before for a bite to eat if anyone was interested. No bites, but I leave that open for folks that want to get together to talk about any issues.

See you there tonight
Brandon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.