Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I posted on here I had a slow day Thursday so I was ready to work hard for the fish for my Friday Afternoon Charter. All Females (Graduates of Byrd HS on fishing party trip) so I Im feeling lucky to start with (Women are lucky on my boat) until I get down to the river and she blowing 15 to 20. Gave them all Dramine and took a ride out to see if they were up to it. They gave me the OK and we fished catching 61 JUMBO Crokers.
Saturdays trip was Henry Williams and Crew (222swanc) and we covered much of the same ground but did our biggest damage at old bouy 9 catching spot and croaker almost non stop. with the 128 cooler a little over 1/2 full I suggested a trip over to the White house to see if we could catch some bigger spot and off we went. Don't know how many fish Henry had but we almost filled that cooler up with spot up to 1 pound. His Dad Caught a 12 1/8 icher that we thought was a release citation but was not. Still an nice fish.
Sundays trip was almost a carbon copy though we caught more bigger spot. Sundays crew had a hard time holding on to those big spot. 3 times they had them in the boat only to have them squirt out of their hand hence the title two hander spot as they had to hold on to them with both hands.
I was supose to be moving out the bay next weekend to run a flounder trip but will stay in the river until July 10th. Next weekend has been declared family weekend as they all have an itch to fish and I can deal with the crazy 4th of July boaters better 4 hours at a time instead of 8. Pics will be on my Website by end of day under weekly fishing report.

Have a good one Bobby

·
Registered
58 Posts
Williams crew checking in! Had a great time, we could
barely lift that cooler out of the car. Talk about
a few fish dinners! Thanks again for another
fantastic trip. The kids especially had a great
time. Looking foward to our next trip already.

P.S. We have definitely got to go tog fishing out of
OC MD this fall. Will give you a call.

Henry Jr.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Bobby, I guess you saw my boat in the yard. I am having the bottom painted and the props tweeked. I haven't been on the water in 3 weeks and I don't even care about the 4th of July craziness. I have got to feel some pullage. I'm glad to hear that you are staying up our way a little longer. My son and I will be out there in our favorite areas but don't be surprised to see us saddled up next to you if my plan A doesn't pan out. Cheers to you and your family on the 4th.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seawolf saw you in the yard, bottom paint looked done yesterday and I figured you would be back in the water by weekend. The area you were drifting for spot has got some nice fish on it and I will be there or down river where you saw me before or over at 9. Jr and I might slide down one afternoon to gas up and make sure the spot haven't moved. See Ya next weekend.

Bobby

·
Registered
170 Posts
Enjoyed the report Bobby. Glad to hear you got on the big ones. Got some kids that want to go fishing and sure would be nice to get into some nice ones. Fishbites still work?

·
Registered
55 Posts
where about is the white house located and were is old number 9 i think you said i am new to the river and the bay thank you

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bt fishbites are still working but the real thing is edging them out. Bmail me when you want to take the kids out and I'll give the the best current numbers Im catching on.

Slwhitt Old bouy 9 is on a chart if its 5 or 6 years old its about 1 or 2 miles downriver from Waterview. Im not normally chinchy with spots but the Whitehouse is one I hold on too pretty tight. Its a small peice of structure that only 2 or 3 boats can fish and I swear even my best friends to secrecy on it.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
240 Posts
Yeah, and not all his friends are privy to the information.
I haven't found out yet.

Great to hear you're still on them Bobby. You've still got to get your youngster on the big ones.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice report Bobby, your son looks like he's paper huntin already!
I wanted to put this post up top again for Hunter Davis and Crash14me2. Maybe I'll see you guys out there this weekend.
I need to get a mess of spot to fry up this weekend and I hope all the rain hasn't hurt the bite, might just fish a little deeper.
Mel
On board Catchone

1 - 12 of 12 Posts