Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Two World Record BARRELFISH off the RUDEE ANGLER

IGFA Announcement:

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p>Two Pending All Tackle World Record Barrelfish from the Rudee Angler</o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
4 Oct 2008
I am pleased to announce that I had the honor of assisting in the processing of two new Pending IGFA All Tackle World Record Barrelfish.

Last weekend I spoke with five anglers from the Rudee Angler's maiden 36-hour extreme fishing trip with barrelfish heavy enough to apply for All Tackle World Records for the species. The Rudee Angler is part of the headboat fleet out of the Virginia Beach Fishing Center in Rudee Inlet, Virginia Beach. The boat was skippered by Captain Skip Feller and Mark Sterling Welcome to Rudee Inlet Charters * Call 757-422-5700 or 757-425-3400. They had a great trip with many deep dropping species brought back to the dock. The current pending barrelfish record is 17lbs, 4oz, caught aboard the Bill Fisher, which once approved will establish the record for that species.
Last night I heard back from the final angler, and he is submitting the required package for world record consideration. So, out of five possible contenders, two anglers have current pending All Tackle World Record Barrelfish. The fish were weighed at the Virginia Beach Fishing Center. The anglers and the official weights are:
Michael C. Holley<o:p></o:p>
Clinton, MD<o:p></o:p>
17lbs, 5oz
Andre Franklin<o:p></o:p>
Baltimore, MD<o:p></o:p>
20lbs, 15oz<o:p></o:p>
Congrats to the Captain, crew and angler!:clap::clap:

Michael Holly 17lb 5oz

Andre Franklin 20lb 15oz

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Julie,
It has to be pretty cool for those anglers to catch a world record let alone two on the same boat.

Good to hear from you, and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
We saw them out there fishing by the Norfolk last weekend. Surprised the hell out of us to see a headboat out there. We got a nice white marlin right in the same area. Congratulations to the anglers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts