Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last saturday turned out to be a good turkey day.
The AM started off cloudy and windy.My brother and his 14 year old went to one track and a hunting buddy and his 10 year old went with me to another track.I was going to try and call and film a big old tom in for the youngster.After getting in the woods at 5:15 and sitting till 7:00,we heard nothing.My brother calls on cell at 7:00 to tell us his son bagged a nice bird at 6:30.
After setting up for the third time at 9:00 in a new location,I got a responce from my cackle.We jumped up and made a move and sat down.I was going to film the show.The bird came in quick and we saw him but he backed off.I got up and backed off myself as planned if the bird didn't cooperate.I went back about 50 steps and started calling.I was to far away now to film but he came in in about 5 mins. struting at the decoy.At 28 steps the youngster fired and brought him down.One[grin][grin][grin][excited][excited] moment for all three of us.

On the left is my brother with his son and a 20 1/2 lb bird with a 10" beard 1" spurs.On the right is my buddy and his son with his 19lb, 9" beard and 3/4"spurs.

·
Registered
123 Posts
great job and good post , i need to figure out how to do the picture thing .
besides all that what a wonderful day for the kids and you guys , nice birds . the only problem is we have established an expectation level even we cannot achieve . i hope we have the same good fortune ! good luck saturday .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts