Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Fellas:

I'm leading the tying this Saturday at WCO, 12p....donuts provided. :thumbup:

Tying smallie flies, but we all know about clouser minnows and bead-head buggers. I'll tie some of the less common but highly effective patterns, like wooly minnows (an easier Schenk's white minnow), Clouser swimming nymph (also a killer carp fly), hellgramites, foam damsels, crawfish patterns, topwater (baby crease flies), strymph, and others...

I'd encourage anybody who is new to tying and wants to try some less challenging patterns to come out, as these are not ridiculous fancy-pants tying techniques like OMC and Pax tie ;) but are nonetheless pretty little flies that catch freshy bass.

So c'mon out, we'll talk bassin' and tie some flies. Hope to see you there!

-- Doug

·
Registered
302 Posts
Doug,

I'm surprised your wife is letting you out two weekends in a row. Especially considering last week's rollercoaster ride.

I'll be there.

·
Registered
762 Posts
That's real tempting, Doug, especially an easier Schenk's minnow which is a great smallmouth fly. Hell, they all sound good.

Unfortunately, that would be three weekends in a row for me, and altho well past the poopy diaper phase of life, there are serious household infrastructure tasks I have promised, so I won't make it.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Grasonville... Winchester Creek Outfitters..

Good on ya Doug. Teaching and sharing is what this sport is all about. You are one of the good guys :D

·
Registered
56 Posts
Doug, thanks for all the great tying and fishing info on saturday! Its been too long since I've had a smallie on the end of my line and now I can't wait for it to warm up! BTW, I have a feeling you'll like that clouser book I got. The baitfish photos alone are worth it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts