Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have one of these reels?The company has a ad in the "Fisherman".I went to their web site to get a little more info.The SX model is made from carbor fiber,aluminium and SS.Both of the SX models are under 10 oz.The claim to fame is the design which has a large diameter spool,that claims to eleminate line twist and wind knots and produce longer casts.Also the reel come with a extra spool and arbor to elimate backing when spooled with braid.I didn`t get any prices or where the are made.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
US Reel SuperCaster Spinning Reel
Close Window
Overall Customer Rating:
1 out of 5
Read all reviews Write a review
Customer Product Reviews Review This Product
Overall Rating: 1 out of 5
not so good, February 23, 2007
By loopy from Mississippi MS

"although it did cast fairly well i did not like the durability of this product."

·
Registered
128 Posts
U.S. Reels

There is a glowing review of U.S. Reels in this weeks edition of The Fisherman Magazine.

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup I just got mine today.I have never seen the Fisherman or any other magazine give a less than friendly review of one of the sponsors products.;)

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
I fished in a redfish tournament in Mosquito Lagoon and a couple of the guys on the redfish tour got samples. They are supposed to be made for that type of fishing, nobody liked them, thought they were flimsy and cheaply made.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ive got the older model from a few years ago. Cabelas had it as a floor model for $37 bucks. I don't think I would have spent the $150 on it though. Nice smooth drag, but overall the reel is no better than a $60 shimano.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts