Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do most of you guys just put a hook on the trailing paracute rig(larger shad) or do you put them on all of the shads while running an unbrella rig?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Depends on which one I am pulling and how strong the arms are. Small 4 arms I generally just have a hook in the trailer. For a 6 arm that is double hung, all the outside baits and the trailers get hooks.

·
Registered
753 Posts
We pull from 8 to 11 umbrellas at a time and only use the larger rigs with a hook in the trailer bait only.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
We fish the larger rigs with hooks on outer baits and then also on the trailer.........We caught nice fish this weekend on the chatruese umbrellas.........white NEVER got touched.....

·
Registered
581 Posts
Unless we are trolling in MD we put a hook in all baits. Usually the back bait is the only one to get hit but why risk having another bait get hit with no hook. Yes there is the chance a school could come through and take every bait but is that a bad thing? I have seen some pretty big fish all hooked to the same rod and all landed successfully.

Jon
CustomOffshoreTackle.com

·
Registered
477 Posts
I use a single hook on the smaller rigs, 4 teasers & 1 trailer. I use two hooks on the big rigs, 7 teasers & 2 trailers. On the larger rigs I hook the two trailers to a couple of the outside arms & run the parachutes 12" back from the arm. That setup consistantly produces the largest fish.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts