Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it looks like we will have to wait until May 7th, before we find out if we can keep a slot limit fish, between 18" - 26" on the flats, starting May 16th. Nothing like waiting until the last minute to find out the regulations.

It seems that the conference that the DNR had with the ASFMC, in which they were to discuss the trophy season (April 21 to May 15h) and the flats season, after May 15th, was held yesterday. It also seems they ran out of time and forgot to discuss the Flats.

The next scheduled meeting on this will be May 7th. Again we have to wait. Howard King has been promising us that we would be able to keep a fish on the flats, for the past two years now, but it seems that the Trophy season is much more important, and maybe it is.

So, we will just have to wait and see.

Ele

·
Registered
141 Posts
Good example of why not to believe or in many cases get your hopes up until it's made official and put in writing (with a paper trail to follow)! I agree Scott-this does stink, but it could be worse and was not to long ago when we couldn't keep any!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
Sorry Ele they do need to balance the scales some for the unforgotten UB fisherman who also would like a dinner.Gotta think Mikes got a hundred or more releases by now you can tell me only a few people get on this board...(NOT}:D Hope hes doing well.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
David, you are right.

Mike has not been out yet. He has cancelled all his trips up to the next few days. If conditions don't get better, he will cancell more. We just have to wait and see. Sorry, I don't have a report for you.

There were a few guys through the shop today headed to the flats with Herring. I haven't gotten any reports back.

Ele

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
250 Posts
Ele,
It was great meeting you today! No luck but we had fun anyway! ( I posted results a little whie ago )
I still think...a bad day on the water is beter than work!!
Bobby

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Thanks for the update Ele. I was by the shop last Sunday. Mike left with the kids as I got there. The wife sold me a 100+ BAs plus a bunch of plugs and spoons. Should be good to go for a while. Im sure once it starts heating up Ill be buying more stuff for the guests. Will prolly splash next weekend either way. I thinks that after the second week of MAy we should be able to keep a slot since most of the bigguns are on the way out anyway. Not pressed though since by then Im usually heading south for the croaked and flattened thangs. See ya soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts