Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I talked to Marty Gary at the DNR this afternoon and he said that the decision has not been made yet. He said that during the conference they got sidetracked. A decision has not yet been made regarding the Trophy season or whether we will be allowed to keep a fish on the flats.

We should know tomorrow, so stay tuned.

Ele

·
Premium Member
26,229 Posts
They drag it out much longer and it will be opening day :D :D . Skip

·
Registered
36 Posts
We can only hope!! It just seem's like it would be the fair thing to do. I personally don't care if I keep one or not. I just like cathing them! But keeping one on the flats or down below the channel.Hey there still full of row!

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Shallow Runner, If, we are allowed to keep a fish on the flats, it will be from May 16th to June 1, when the second season opens down the bay. This fish would have to be between 18 and 26 " which is considered a resident fish, not a migratory fish.

And, most of the fish, especially the smaller ones, that are on the flats that time of year are males.

Ele

·
Registered
317 Posts
Keep up the good work Ele. I think I'm gonna take a boat ride Friday and see if I can find any fish. What do you have I can cut up and soak in case it's too muddy for plastics/tony's. Any herring? bunker? etc.

·
Registered
7,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jigginforstripers. I might be able to find something laying around that will work. I had fresh Herring last week, but had to freeze it because noone was fishing.

Ele

1 - 9 of 9 Posts