Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out again today with Barnacle Bill (photo) and hit them again over two dozen nice stripers and two of the largest perch I have ever seen 13 1/2" each. Stripers were not quite as large as yesterday but real nice all the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fish were all caught jigging with a var. of metal and plastic. Caught most of mine on a yellow jigging spoon I paid 25 cents for at a flea market.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice Pullage.

I was out today too from about noon till 3:30pm, Southeast of Heart Miller on the lumps and shoals, managed one keeper, which just got of the grill (yummy) and one short, my HO was a first timer and managed a short for his first striper.

Lost a nice one that ran after jigging it up with a teaser rig/stingsliver combo, I might of had it on the clouser teaser, don't know.

Caught the keeper on a diving Yozuri plug, when I had breakers all around me.

Great day out there. Find the lumps/shoals, find the birds, find the bait,you find the fish. The tide and winds cooperate and you get some dinner, can't beat that type of fall day.

·
Premium Member
2,411 Posts
now that's a perch!!!

you can get a nice eating size fillet off that guy

nice report!!!

TIGHT LINES!!!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Fishin

Alley Cat.......glad to see you found them again:D:D:D I got caught in the rain.....my perch were not quite as large as your's but the stripers were.:D:D Where's my cigar ??

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Ed (Whiskey99) and I were out today also from about 1 - 5. Hit Man O War and got one 22" rock and about 4 blues. Saw birds working, but they were moving fast and couldn't really jig them. Stopped a few times on marks we saw on the run out, but no takers any time we did.

Got back in around the island and picked up some more small rock with 2 keepers mixed in.

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Man, I'd check that perch in for a citation. It's got to be worth at least a citation.

-JB

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
man it's hotttttt out there, you guys are burning them up!!

i wanted to go this morning but i had to be to work at 7:30...............i can't wait for retirement!!

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Your not kidding,those perch are XL....upper bay is looking real good lately,thanks for the report.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts